Special Issue "Integrated Role of Nutrition and Physical Activity for Lifelong Health"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 November 2018).
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Interests: energy balance; diet and exercise interventions for weight loss; hormonal regulation of body weight; body composition; sports nutrition
Interests: energy balance; exercise; motor competence; physical fitness; youth; physical activity; health promotion
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This Special Issue of Nutrients, entitled “Integrated Role of Nutrition and Physical Activity for Lifelong Health”, welcomes the submission of manuscripts that focus on the integration of dietary and physical activity/exercise interventions on outcomes related to lifelong health. Manuscripts for consideration in this Special Issue can either describe original research or review the scientific literature. Manuscripts that discuss theoretical models informing the design of interventions that combine dietary and physical activity/exercise interventions are also welcomed.
Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Impact of diet and exercise interventions on energy balance, body weight control, and obesity
- Dietary manipulations that augment the therapeutic effect of physical activity and exercise on diseases linked to declines in muscle mass and function (e.g., sarcopenia, cachexia, disuse atrophy)
- Combination of diet and exercise approaches to improve diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, and other metabolic and/or endocrine conditions
- Interventions utilizing diet and exercise to maximize bone health and/or prevent osteoporosis
- Biomarkers of physical activity and dietary intake
- Impact of physical activity and exercise on nutrient status
- Anti-ageing potential of diet and exercise interventions
Dr. Clemens Drenowatz
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Energy Balance
- Muscle Mass
- Muscle Function
- Weight Loss
- Weight Maintenance