Special Issue "Data Analytics in the Energy Sector"
A special issue of Inventions (ISSN 2411-5134). This special issue belongs to the section "Inventions and Innovation in Electrical Engineering/Energy/Communications".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2022 | Viewed by 1410
Interests: power system operation and planning; microgrids and active energy networks; energy markets and analytics; operations research and its applications to energy systems
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Sustainable Energy Systems Planning, Integration and Management
Special Issue in Electronics: Active Regional Energy Systems and Microgrids
Special Issue in Sustainability: Microgrids: The Path to Sustainability
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Power Electronic Applications in Power and Energy Systems
Special Issue in Applied Sciences: Sustainable Energy Systems Planning, Integration and Management (Volume II)
Special Issue in Energies: Local Energy Systems: Modeling, Control, Optimization, and Applications
Special Issue in Inventions: Emerging Technologies for the Energy Systems of the Future
Special Issue in Energies: Microgrids Control and Optimization
Existing energy solutions have longstanding challenges in achieving optimal operational planning goals. On the operational side, existing energy networks are mainly controlled by local controllers with no/limited communications with other units, while being optimized only for specific local operation goals. Moreover, although real-time operation data may be available, a highly efficient system-level data analysis and decision-making process is severely missing current energy systems research, so existing decision-making energy management systems have very limited adaptivity to dynamic operation conditions. Likewise, at the planning level, decisions related to the purchase, placement, and sizing of energy-related devices are largely made within each sector “silo”, disregarding the huge potential of optimal interaction between different energy vectors. The traditional approach makes it almost impossible to achieve cost-effective, flexible and robust energy planning, and prevents the efficient use of infrastructures and research solutions.This Special Issue will cover promising and dynamic areas of research and development in data analytics methods for the energy sector and will allow us to gather contributions to developing and applying such methods in different domains, ranging from energy generation, trading, and transmission to energy distribution, and consumption. This Special Issue also seeks papers to report advances in any aspect of these developments. The manuscripts should be unpublished and report significant advancements.
Prof. Dr. Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Inventions is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Data analytics for energy system planning and portfolio investment
- Data analytics for enhanced monitoring
- Machine learning applications in energy systems
- Cognitive sector coupling
- Data analytics for energy system operation and control
- Data classification and clustering
- Distributed data mining
- Data-driven uncertainty characterization of stochastic renewable energy resources
- Energy forecasting and management
- Data collection and processing
- Operation and control of energy systems
- Fault detection and diagnosis for energy systems
- Energy conversion, conservation and management
- Artificial intelligence for smart energy
- Data analytics for multi-energy integration
- Data analytics for energy market and energy trading
- Data detection, fusion, processing, storage and information management in energy system
- Sectors data and regional data on energy, water, climate change and sustainability
- Data mining and big data fusion technology
- Data and the applications on low-carbon development pathways
- Data and the applications on technology improvement and optimization
- Scalable data analytics
- Micro- and nano-energy systems and technologies