Special Issue "Advances in Cancer Diagnosis"
A special issue of International Journal of Molecular Sciences (ISSN 1422-0067). This special issue belongs to the section "Molecular Pathology, Diagnostics, and Therapeutics".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (25 September 2013).
Cancer is one of the top killers in the world. Discovery at the advanced stage of cancer is still the hurdle of successful treatment and prone to recurrence or metastasis. Thus, early diagnosis is the way forward in Oncology. This special issue “Advances in Cancer Diagnosis” strives to provide a platform for gathering updated progress in the diagnosis of cancer and the cutting edge technology for cancer diagnosis, which may improve the assessment of cancer by effectively translating new scientific knowledge into clinical practice.
Topics of this special issue include, but are not limited to:
● The hallmarks of cancer
● Angiogenesis, invasion and metastasis, signaling pathway
● Molecular tumor pathology and classification
● Tumor microenvironment
● Cancer epidemiology and prevention
● Genome-wide association studies of cancer
● Cancer biomarkers: screening and diagnosis
● Personalized medicine
● Translational cancer research
● High-throughput technologies: genomics, epigenomics, proteomics, metabolomics, microarray, next generation sequencing, and other omics technologies
● Genomics, microRNAs, and proteomics databases and their applications
Dr. William Chi-shing Cho
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Molecular Sciences is an international peer-reviewed Open Access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
- animal model
- array-comparative genomic hybridization
- cancer biomarker
- cancer epidemiology
- cancer prevention
- cancer screening
- clinical trial
- copy number variation
- diagnostic imaging
- digital PCR
- fluorescence in situ hybridization
- genome-wide association studies
- genomic database
- microfluidics, nanofluidics
- molecular diagnostics
- molecular tumor pathology
- next generation sequencing
- non-coding RNAs
- PCR array
- personalized medicine
- post-translational modifications
- single nucleotide polymorphism
- translational cancer research