Special Issue "Quantitative Geomorphology"
A special issue of Geosciences (ISSN 2076-3263).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 July 2018).
Interests: tectonic geomorphology; quaternary evolution of intermontane basins; models of landscape evolution; drainage network morphometry; geomorphological mapping; sediment yield; landslide analysis; geoarchaeology
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
DEM-supported morphometric analysis of landscape has become an important research field in many geomorphological applications, which aim to model surface processes. This Special Issue aims to collect contributions regarding the development and application of quantitative techniques and geomorphic parameters to investigate issues of landscape characterization and evolution. I would like to invite you to submit articles about your recent work, experimental research or case studies dealing with quantitative analysis of landscape processes and landforms in a variety of geomorphic environments and at a different spatial and temporal scales. Relevant topics for the SI include:
- extraction of geomorphic parameters and indexes from high-resolution DEMs to investigate landscape features and processes;
- application of quantitative methods and models to estimate rates of geomorphic (i.e., fluvial and slope) processes;
- drainage network morphometry and river profile analysis to evaluate the interplay between surface processes, tectonics and climate;
- 3-D reconstruction of slope stability and landslide hazard assessment;
- short- and long-term topographic changes, reconstruction of ancient landscapes/landforms and sediment balance;
- semi-automatic classification and mapping of landforms.
Review articles and submissions reviewing the challenges faced by this relevant research field are also welcomed.Dr. Dario Gioia
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Geosciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- high-resolution DEMs
- landscape evolution model (LEM)
- slope stability models
- erosion/deposition models
- topographical reconstruction and geomorphological processes
- drainage network morphometry
- river profile analysis
- geomorphic indexes