Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Energy Production Systems"
A special issue of Energies (ISSN 1996-1073).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 December 2017).
2. The Petroleum Institute, Part of Khalifa University of Science & Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Interests: energy and environmental engineering systems; air pollution modeling, simulation and control; sustainable development, planning and scheduling of process operations; dynamic modeling and optimization; combinatorial optimization
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
One of the grand challenges of this century is to supply energy to a growing population in an environmentally and economically sustainable way. Since no single technology can meet this ultimate energy challenge of the future on its own, a systems approach has been shown to be able to provide insight and data on how viable an energy production pathway can be. A diverse number of energy sources can be taken into account including biomass, hydroelectric, wind, solar, natural gas, coal, and nuclear energy. The scope of this Special Issue reflects these challenges, and aims to present solutions that effectively account for sustainability and lower greenhouse gas emissions, while meeting growing energy demands. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Decision frameworks that are based upon bottom-up views of industrial activities and top-down views of energy and other product demands
- Multi-period modeling frameworks that account for predictable trends and interactions
- Energy storage systems, energy management, and energy harvesting
- Long-term planning problems for the development of integrated system and which implicitly incorporate economic and sustainability considerations
- Interactions of energy supply networks at various scales
- Energy supply networks and electrified transportation networks
- Energy systems environmental impacts
- Renewable energy integration
- Modeling tools for energy systems
- Solution methodologies that integrate logic-based methods, decomposition techniques, robust optimization, and reformulation strategies
Prof. Dr. Ali Elkamel
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Multi-period modeling
- energy storage
- energy management
- energy networks
- solution methodologies
- environmental impact
- systems integration
- sustainable energy