Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "IoT in 5G"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2019).
School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chung-Ang University, Seoul 06974, Korea
Interests: mmWave applications; RF circuits and systems; antennas; microwave sensors and RFIC/MMIC
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Sensors: Millimeter-Wave Antenna Array: Design and Challenges
The Internet-of-Things (IoT) has attracted prominent attention from researchers, engineers and investors in multidisciplinary fields as an essential enabler of the fifth generation (5G) communications. As 5G services have become increasingly prominent in applications employed in our daily life, the intelligent and efficient integration of various and extensive IoT devices within or with the 5G paradigm gives rise to many new challenges, from device implementation to service platform design, for these numerous applications. Stemming from an enthusiastic desire to achieve the integration of the IoT in 5G, this Special Issue invites submissions of technical papers that may address, but are not limited to, the topics below:
- IoT Implementation: sensors, actuators, architecture/integration, experimental results with prototypes, field tests, test-beds, deployment results, etc.
- Power/Energy Efficient IoT: renewable energy, energy harvesting, wireless power transmission, batteries, microgrid, smart energy management, green IoT, etc.
- IoT Networks and Connectivity: software-defined radio/networks, virtualized networks, heterogeneous networks, routing protocols, millimeter wave connectivity, etc.
- IoT Services and Applications: intelligent transport, smart cities/buildings/home, IoT-assisted agriculture, data mining/collection/aggregation, big data analytics, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, localization, unmanned aerial vehicles, autonomous vehicles, D2D, M2M, health care, financial technologies, etc.
- Security and Privacy of IoT: identification, authentication, cryptography, network security, etc.
Dr. Jingon Joung
Dr. Han Lim Lee
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- IoT implementation
- power/energy-efficient IoT
- IoT networks and connectivity
- IoT services and applications
- security and privacy of IoT