Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Algorithms for Control and Applications of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 August 2020.
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Perugia, Via Vanvitelli 1, 06123 Perugia
Interests: design and analysis of algorithms for fundamental operations in Wireless Sensor Networks; Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and more specifically Drones; Internet of Things; Computer Networks; Data Dissemination
In the last few years, drones, and more generally, unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs) have developed rapidly and been used for emergent civil applications. The most futuristic and promising applications cover a range of diverse fields, including agriculture, public safety, human rights monitoring, disaster management, infrastructure monitoring, package delivery, supply chain, and communication networks. In such contexts, the UAVs will work in cooperation with a large number of diverse, energy-constrained, mobile smart devices that are, and will increasingly be, settled around us. The cooperative work of UAVs, belonging even to different owners, will be of fundamental importance.
For this Special Issue, we are particularly interested in papers that present theoretical algorithmic contributions from the perspective of operations that recur in new applications. The papers should propose mathematical models to describe the problems characteristic of the control and application of UAV systems, study the problems of computational complexity, devise new centralized or distributed algorithms, and also apply optimization techniques with multiple objectives.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical foundations (modeling, design, and analysis of algorithms) for drone/UAV-assisted networks
- Theoretical foundations for parcel delivery using drones
- Theoretical foundations for supply chains using drones
- Theoretical foundations for monitoring recurring operations (planting, weeding, fertilizing) in agriculture using drones/UAVs
- Theoretical foundations for forest monitoring with drones/UAVs
- Theoretical foundations for recharging IoT devices with drones
- Theoretical foundations for control-automated vehicles with UAVs
- Theoretical foundations for the cooperative use of robots and drones
- Theoretical foundations of network properties (coverage, connectivity) during emergencies
- Theoretical foundations of network properties during temporary events
- Theoretical foundations for monitoring public safety on roads
- Theoretical foundations for monitoring human rights in hostile environments using drones
- Theoretical foundations for optimal drone deployment
- Theoretical foundations for optimal drone coverage
- Theoretical foundations for cooperative control of multiple UAVs
Prof. Dr. Cristina Maria Pinotti
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- emergent applications
- resource optimization