Technology Enhanced Education
A section of Education Sciences (ISSN 2227-7102).
Over the last few years, the delivery of education has changed from being predominately face to face and modestly supported by basic technologies, to an activity that involves a wide range of technological tools and infrastructure. This presents many challenges, not least ensuring that these new approaches are educationally effective. Furthermore, the consequences of using new technologies can be far reaching, and in addition to technical implications, such as data security, the deployment of these technologies can be viewed through ethical, social and cultural lenses.
Where assessment forms part of the process, technology is a two-edged sword. While technology allows for a richer variety of assessment methods to be used and offers the potential for automatic marking, it complicates the ways in which academic integrity is assured.
This section focuses on both the technical and educational aspects of applying technology to the educational process. The section does not prescribe particular topics, provided that any submission contains both technical and educational material that may relate to a specific discipline or to many.
Research contributions must be original, and empirical studies are welcomed, provided the underlying methodologies (qualitative, quantitative or mixed) are clearly articulated and rigorously applied. Review papers may also be considered, but descriptive papers that simply report (for example) classroom experience are unsuitable.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Embracing Online Pedagogy: The New Normal for Higher Education (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Game-Based Learning and Gamification for Education (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- New Perspectives on Technology Enhanced Education during a Global Pandemic (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Online and Distance Learning during Lockdown Times: COVID-19 Stories-Series 2 (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Using Technology in Higher Education—Series 2 (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- New Trends in Educational Technology and Instructional Design Principles for Online and Remote Teaching, and Courseware Design (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Innovative Technologies in Education (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Leadership and Management of Education in the Digital and Intelligent Era (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Digital Innovation in Education (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Leading Edge Technologies Ensuring Education (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Innovative Technologies in Distance Learning Education (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Innovative Strategies to Address Challenges of Online Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 15 December 2022)
- Supporting Student Learning and Engagement through Analytics (Deadline: 15 December 2022)
- The Role of Technology in Teaching, Learning, and Assessment during and Post-COVID-19: Opportunities for Innovation and Challenges (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Digital Twins and Future Intelligent Educational Environments (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Digital Learning and Teaching during the Pandemic: From Theory to Practice (Deadline: 15 January 2023)
- Digital Game-Based Learning and Gamified Learning: What’s Next? (Deadline: 15 January 2023)
- Education Technology and Literacies: State of the Art (Deadline: 31 January 2023)
- Applications of Emerging Educational Technologies in Digital Pedagogies (Deadline: 1 February 2023)
- The Use of Technology for Geography Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 14 February 2023)
- Online Communities and E-Learning (Deadline: 15 February 2023)
- The Digitalized K-12 Classroom in the Age of AI, Analytics and IoT (Deadline: 15 February 2023)
- Interrogating the Use of Online Video Lecturing in Secondary and Tertiary Education (Deadline: 1 March 2023)
- Delivery Modes as for the New Ways of Teaching and Learning in Post COVID-19 (Deadline: 30 March 2023)
- New Media and Technology in Education (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Disruptive Design of Online Learning Community Environments (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Advances in Technology-Enhanced Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 31 May 2023)
- Integrating Technology in Preschool and Primary Education: Perspectives in the Post-pandemic Era (Deadline: 1 June 2023)
- Decolonising Educational Technology (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Effectiveness and Sustainable Application on Educational Technology (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- New Online Technical Applications for Non-Face-to-Face Learning (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Advancing Educational Research on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL): Innovative Solutions for New Challenges (Deadline: 10 July 2024)