Special Issue "Artificial Intelligence for Health"
A special issue of Computers (ISSN 2073-431X).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2021.
Interests: distributed systems; cloud computing; cloud federation; Internet of Things; machine learning
Interests: Computer Science; Evolutionary Computation; Data Mining; Computational Intelligence; Soft Computing
Interests: Big Data; Cloud Computing; Osmotic Computing; e-health.
Interests: Mobile Health; HealthCare Monitoring Systems; Pattern Recognition; Signal Processing; Artificial Intelligence
The 1st edition of the International Workshop on AI-driven Smart Healthcare (AIdSH) will be held on 7-11 December, 2020 in Taipei (Taiwan) within the 2020 edition of IEEE Global Communications Conference (GlobeCom).
For more information about the workshop, please use this link:
Health is one of the major research topics that have been attracting cross-disciplinary research groups. The deployment of new emerging ICT technologies for Health, especially based on Artificial Intelligence, Computational Intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT), is attracting the interest of many researchers.
Selected papers which are presented at the workshop are invited to submit their extended versions to this Special Issue of the journal Computers after the conference. Submitted papers should be extended to the size of regular research or review articles, with at least 50% extension of new results. All submitted papers will undergo our standard peer-review procedure. Accepted papers will be published in open access format in Computers and collected together in this Special Issue website. Accepted extended papers will be free of charge. There are no page limitations for this journal.
We are also inviting original research work covering novel theories, innovative methods, and meaningful applications that can potentially lead to significant advances in Artificial Intelligence for Health.
In light of the current pandemic, severely affecting the whole world, papers focusing on the application of the above ideas to any issue related to COVID-19 are highly welcome.
The main topics include, but are not limited to
- Knowledge Management of Health Data;
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Healthcare;
- Machine and Deep Learning approaches for Health Data;
- Explainable AI models for health, biology and medicine;
- Decision Support Systems for Healthcare and Wellbeing;
- AI for Precision Medicine;
- Optimization for Healthcare problems;
- Regression and Forecasting for medical and/or biomedical signals;
- Healthcare Information Systems;
- Wellness Information Systems;
- Medical Signal and Image Processing and Techniques;
- Medical Expert Systems;
- Diagnoses and Therapy Support Systems;
- Biomedical Applications;
- Applications of AI in Healthcare and Wellbeing Systems;
- Machine Learning-based Medical Systems;
- Medical Data and Knowledge Bases;
- Neural Networks in Medicine;
- Ambient Intelligence and Pervasive Computing in Medicine and Healthcare;
- AI in genomics;
- AI for Healthcare Social Networks
Dr. Antonio Celesti
Dr. Ivanoe De Falco
Dr. Antonino Galletta
Dr. Giovanna Sannino