Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Bioinformatics and Precision Computational Biology: Selected Papers from the X International Conference on Bioinformatics #SoIBio+10"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2019.
Interests: Dr. Javier De Las Rivas is Investigador Científico of the CSIC and Principal Investigator (IP) of the Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics Group of the Cancer Research Center (CiC-IBMCC, CSIC/USAL, Salamanca). Over the last years the research of his group have been focused in the development and application of bioinformatics and computational biology methods and tools to genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic data, with especial interest in cancer genomics and focusing on studies done over clinical samples (i.e. patient-centric studies). He also works in the field of network biology: (i) developing bioinformatic integrative methods for the analysis of protein-protein interactions (PPIs), (ii) generating a database of protein interactomes (APID, Agile Protein Interactomes DataServer: http://apid.dep.usal.es/ ) and (iii) facilitating the construction of protein networks and other biomolecular regulatory networks derived from specific disease studies.
Interests: Dr. Elizabeth Tapia is full time professor at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, National University of Rosario, and head of the BioAgroInformatics group of CIFASIS, Centro Internacional Franco Argentino de Ciencias de la Información y de Sistemas, a research institute of the Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET) of the National Council for Science and Technology of Argentina. Over the last years, the research of her group has been focused on the development of bioinformatics solutions based on the combination of machine learning and information theory methods. She currently works in the design of computational methods for the automated annotation of genes in non-model organisms and in the design of robust tags for full-length third-generation sequencing technologies.
ALL registered participants in the #SoIBio+10 Conference (28–30 October 2019, Montevideo, UR) can propose publishing a full research PAPER to a Special Issue of Biomolecules.
A selection of about 12 full articles will be done to be published in the journal Biomolecules (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/biomolecules), in the Special Issue called "Bioinformatics for Precision Biomolecular Data Mining: Progress in Latin America - Selected Papers from the X International Conference on Bioinformatics #SoIBio+10". This special issue will be included in the section of this Journal: "Bioinformatics and Systems Biology".
PLEASE, SUBMIT your PAPER according to the following conditions and dates:
- Up to 30 November 2019. FULL PAPER SUBMISSION in the website of the Journal — Submission of the FULL PAPER following the regular format asked by Biomolecules (see Instructions for Authors - Submission Guidelines)
- From 1 to 24 December 2019. PEER REVIEW — Time for review of each submitted article by at least 2 independent reviewers. The reviewers will be contacted by the Editorial Office keeping in copy to the Special Editors. At the end of this process, the Editorial Office and the Editors will indicate to the authors which are the final ACCEPTED ARTICLES. (Written reviews and answers will be needed along all this process).
- From 25 December 2019 to 15 January 2020. SUBMISSION FOR PUBLICATION — Submission of the final article, revised and corrected. The manuscripts should be prepared for publication following Biomolecules Special Issue Submission Guidelines. Once received by the journal, the editorial office from Biomolecules will get the final edition and publication on-line as soon as it is finalized. AT THIS POINT, the authors of each article (or their institutions) should pay to Biomolecules the "Article-Processing Charges" (APC) that will be: 960 CHF (corresponding to about 970 USD) This price represents a 20% reduction on the normal price of an article in Biomolecules. Biomolecules MDPI editorial office will provide a formal INVOICE to the authors of each accepted article.
All communication about proposals and articles should be made to this mail:
The EDITORS of this Biomolecules Special Issue will be:
- Professor Dr. Javier De Las Rivas ([email protected]) (University of Salamanca/CSIC, Spain)
- Professor Dra. Elizabeth Tapia ([email protected]) (University of Rosario/CONICET, Argentina)
BIOMOLECULES (ISSN 2218-273X; CODEN: BIOMHC) is a peer-reviewed Open Access journal on biogenic substances (including but not limiting to proteins, nucleic acids, polysaccharides, membranes, lipids, metabolites, etc) published monthly online by MDPI. The Journal has an Impact Factor: 4.694 (2018), and a Ranking 33/407 (Q1) in 'Biochemistry' and 44/375 (Q1) in 'Molecular Biology'. SEE: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/biomolecules
Dr. Javier De Las Rivas
Dr. Elizabeth Tapia
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Biomolecules is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.