|2011||The inaugural issue is released and Biomolecules is published as a quarterly journal.|
|2014||Biomolecules is indexed in PubMed and PubMed Central (PMC).|
|2015||Biomolecules is selected for inclusion in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).|
|2016||Biomolecules is accepted for coverage in Scopus.|
|2018||Biomolecules is accepted for inclusion in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and BIOSIS Previews in Web of Science.
Biomolecules receives a CiteScore of 5.83 for 2017.
|2019||1. Biomolecules changed from quarterly to monthly issue release.
2. Biomolecules received its first impact factor of 4.694 for 2018.
3. Biomolecules reached the 1500 Articles Milestone.
4. The following 14 topical sections were set up:
|2020||1. Biomolecules celebrated the 10th anniversary by arranging a series of special content and events.
2. Biomolecules Reached 3000 Article Milestone.
3. Biomolecules launched the following new projects:
- Editor’s Choice Articles
- Topic Board
4. Biomolecules held the 1st International Electronic Conference.
5. Biomolecules organized 4 Webinars in 2020:
- Molecular Aspects of Cellular Dysfunction in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Understanding the Potential of Host Defense Peptides in Treating Cancer
- Role of Nrf2 in Neurodegeneration: Novel Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Approaches
- Recent Advances on Lysosomal Storage Disorders Pathogenesis: An Emerging Gaucher Disease Paradigm Shift
6. Biomolecules announced the first edition of the Best Cover/ Best Video Abstract/ Best Paper for Anniversary Special Issues awards in 2020:
- Biomolecules 2020 Best Cover Awards
- Biomolecules 2021 Best Video Abstract Awards
- Biomolecules Best Paper Awards for Anniversary Special Issues
|2011-2018||Founding Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dr. Jürg Bähler|
|2018-||Editor-in-Chief Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vladimir N. Uversky
Associate Editor-in-Chief Dr. Prakash Kulkarni
Associate Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dr. Lukasz Kurgan
Associate Editor-in-Chief Assoc. Prof. Dr. Irina Nesmelova
Associate Editor-in-Chief Dr. Vsevolod Katritch
Section Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dr. Piero Crespo