Special Issue "Innovative Approaches to Improve Crop Water Productivity under Irrigated Conditions"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 August 2018).
Interests: irrigation water management; remote sensing; crop water use; ET modeling
Irrigated agriculture represents 20 percent of total cultivated land, but contributes 40 percent of the total food produced worldwide. With a growing global population, food demand may increase by nearly 60% by 2050. Irrigated agriculture is facing challenges as water supplies are declining due to climate change and competition from other stakeholders. To sustain irrigated agriculture and meet future food needs, research is required to maximize crop water productivity (yield per unit water used by the crop). Please share your success stories from research in irrigated regions around the world in this Special Issue. Submissions on the following topics (but not limited to) are invited: 1) Innovative and novel application of conventional approaches for irrigation management; 2) Agronomic practices related to crop productivity under limited water; 3) Advanced techniques, such as remote sensing, for farm-scale irrigation scheduling ; 4) Optimum regulated deficit irrigation strategies; and 5) Decision support tools and modeling.
Dr. Huihui Zhang
Dr. José Luis Chávez
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Agronomy is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Irrigation scheduling
- Deficit irrigation
- Irrigation systems
- Cropping systems
- Crop coefficient and ET
- Water stress
- Precision irrigation
- Crop model