Special Issue "Role of Organic Amendments in Carbon and Nutrient Cycling, and Soil Functionality"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2021.
Interests: organic amendments; soil C cycling; biochar systems; N-cycle and emissions of nitrous oxide; soil function and impact of agricultural inputs
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Organic amendments (OAs) are commonly applied in horticulture and intensive and, to a lesser extent, extensive agricultural systems. However, the outcomes from these practices are not particularly well understood. This Special Edition will focus on:
1) how OAs interact with soil organic matter, resulting in changes to the SOM pool and associated priming effects, and what characteristics of the OAs (e.g., stoichiometric ratio) and receiving soils control this interaction
2) quantification and/or prediction of “how much” and “when” a nutrient becomes plant available (from the OA or through SOM priming, and the role of edaphic and climate variables)
3) the role of OAs in controlling specific soil functions, and the development of resilience to stressors. The Special Edition will accept reviews and meta-analyses where they help to address the questions posed by this Special Edition, as well as controlled mechanistic studies and field trials.
Dr. Lukas Van Zwieten
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Agronomy is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- organic amendments
- soil C cycling
- biochar systems
- N-cycle and emissions of nitrous oxide
- soil function and impact of agricultural inputs