Special Issue "A Safer Future—Prediction of Water-Related Disasters"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2023) | Viewed by 13536
Many water-related disasters, such as floods, storms, landslides, and droughts, occur around the world every year. The accurate and timely prediction of these disasters can not only protect people from injury and death but also reduce the property damage and economic losses caused by these disasters. Scientific and technological advances have greatly improved our capability in disaster management. However, applications of advanced prediction tools to various water-related disasters are still desired. The aim of this Special Issue is to focus on the latest studies on the prediction of water-related disasters. This Special Issue will be beneficial to advance of state-of-the-art prediction methods, our understanding of disaster mechanisms, and the building of a safer future. The topics for this Special Issue include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews on techniques for the prediction of water-related disasters;
- Applications of machine learning or physical models to the prediction of extreme hydrological events;
- Hydrological simulation on local and global scales;
- Spatial and temporal simulation of water-related disasters;
- Real-time, short-, middle- and long-term forecasting of hydrological time series;
- Coupling simulation of hydrological and meteorological processes;
- Prediction of water-related disasters under a changing environment;
- Prediction of flash floods, urban flooding, and coastal (estuarine) floods;
- Simulation and risk analysis for open-water and ice-jam flooding;
- Landslide susceptibility mapping.
Dr. Wei Sun
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- water-related disasters
- machine learning
- hydrological models
- deep learning
- risk analysis