Topical Collection "Sustainable Integrated Clean Environment for Human & Nature"
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Interests: circular economy; conservation and recycling; drinking water management; environmental engineering; environment science; environmental remediation; life cycle assessment; nature-based solutions; public health; risk assessment; sanitation and hygiene; sustainability; waste management; water and wastewater treatment
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
This Special Issue (SI) entitled “Sustainable Integrated Clean Environment for Humans and Nature” is proposed for the “Sustainable Use of the Environment and Resources Section” of Sustainability.
The SI seeks to find answers to the following questions:
1. What is the current condition of our environment? Is it clean?
2. How can we make our environment clean and suitable for humans and nature? (Technical Approaches)
3. How can we keep our environment clean sustainably? (Economic & Social Approaches)
The SI also aims to gather relevant studies on “Clean Environment”. It appeals for original and novel studies on different types of environments, including anthroposphere, atmosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, and lithosphere. Each study may fall within one category of technical, economic, and social approaches. Meanwhile, a balance between these approaches is required.
Studies in the areas and fields below are highly encouraged for consideration. In the cover letter, the authors should mention which of the fields below match with their study.
- Actions for developing countries (priority will be given to works based on Africa);
- Clean technologies;
- Economic approaches: economic Models, life cycle assessment (LCA), circular economy, etc.;
- Environmental remediation;
- Global water security issues;
- Hazardous substances;
- Human–nature interactions;
- Nature-based solutions: from Theories and Laboratories to Fields and Actions
- New policies;
- Public health;
- Risk assessment and modelling;
- Social awareness/human rights: concepts of leaving no one behind, pilot social studies, reactions from the societies, etc.
- Sustainable water, wastewater, and waste treatment including pilot scaled case studies
- Resource circulation: conservation and recycling;
- Any other relevant topic (following consultation with the editor).
Submissions are welcomed as Articles and Reviews. The “Instructions for Authors” provided by Sustainability should be carefully reviewed by the authors to prepare their submissions. The SI follows the policies of Sustainability thoroughly regarding submission, reviewing process, publication, etc.
Dr. Shervin Hashemi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the collection website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- clean environment
- clean technologies
- human–nature interactions
- public health