Special Issue "Entrepreneurial Sustainability: New Innovative Knowledge"
A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2017) | Viewed by 134154
Interests: social entrepreneurship; service industries; management; business
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Topical Collection in Sustainability: Sustainable Innovation in Organizations for Improving Decisions
Special Issue in Sustainability: Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Firms and Economies
Sustainable entrepreneurship is a new subarea of entrepreneurship  that is profiled as one of the concepts that, in conjunction with the business strategy, redirects organizational performance research towards a new direction [2,3]. In addition, with the same goal of improving performance, some authors indicate the suitability of adopting this type of multiple strategic orientation [4,5].
In this Special Issue, we will focus on sustainability from the entrepreneurial point of view. Specifically, in this area, we are called to change our approach towards a long-term growth, replacing the short-term vision adopted in recent times [6–8].
The aim of this Special Issue is to make a relevant contribution presenting work with new innovative knowledge in the field of entrepreneurial sustainability. Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following: entrepreneurial sustainability and management innovation; entrepreneurial sustainability and decision-making; entrepreneurial sustainability strategies; business creation within sustainability; entrepreneurial sustainability in marketing; sustainability innovation in business; energy; and climate in the industry.
Prof. Dr. Domingo Ribeiro-Soriano
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Kuckertz, A.; Wagner, M. The influence of sustainability orientation on entrepreneurial intentions - Investigating the role of business experience, J Bus Venturing 2010, 25, 524-539, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2009.09.001
- Kurowska-Pysz, J. Opportunities for Cross-Border Entrepreneurship Development in a Cluster Model Exemplified by the Polish–Czech Border Region. Sustainability 2016, 8, 230, DOI:10.3390/su8030230
- Peric, M.; Vitezic, V. Impact of global economic crisis on firm growth. Small Bus. Econ 2016, 46, 1-12, DOI: 10.1007/s11187-015-9671-z
- Choongo, P.; Van Burg, E.; Paas, L.J.; Masurel, E. Factors Influencing the Identification of Sustainable Opportunities by SMEs: Empirical Evidence from Zambia. Sustainability 2016, 8, 81, DOI:10.3390/su8010081
- Grinstein, A. The relationship between market orientation and alternative strategic orientations: a meta-analysis, Eur J Mark 2008, 42, 115-134, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/03090560810840934
- Acs, Z.J.; Audretsch, D.B.; Braunerhjelm, P.; Carlsson, B. Growth and entrepreneurship. Small Bus. Econ 2012, 39, 289-300, DOI: 10.1007/s11187-010-9307-2
- Klein Woolthuis, R. J. Sustainable entrepreneurship in the Dutch construction industry. Sustainability 2010, 2, 505-523, DOI:10.3390/su2020505
- Shepherd, D.A.; Patzelt, H. The new field of sustainable entrepreneurship: studying entrepreneurial action linking' what is to be sustained' with 'what is to be developed', Entrep Theory Prac 2011, 35, 137-163, DOI: 10.1111/j.1540-6520.2010.00426.x