Special Issue "Academic Contributions to the UNESCO 2019 Forum on Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship"
A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 April 2020).
Interests: emerging capital markets; data management; scientific data; applied statistics (frequentist and Bayesian); emerging market economics; financial database systems; sustainable financial management; entrepreneurial finance
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: Mathematics, probability, science and education policy, education sciences, STEM education, and global citizenship education
Interests: Mathematics education, science editing, ethnic policy for sustainable development, education sciences
The UNESCO 2019 Forum on Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship will be organized by the UNESCO, in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) of Vietnam. This global and important event reflects the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through policy and academic discussions and debates, which aim at education for the betterment of development sustainability and the mobility and success of future global citizenship.
As a contribution to the aforementioned UNESCO event, the Vietnam Minister of Education and Training, Prof. Dr. Phung Xuan Nha, takes the initiative in setting up a venue for publication of important policy and academic papers with the journal Sustainability.
On his behalf, the guest editors would like to invite scholars in different disciplines as well as policy-makers and practitioners from different walks of life to submit manuscripts to this Special Issue. We welcome topical discussions in the forms of research articles, review articles, essays, perspectives, which address such research areas as:
- Global mobility and future citizens
- The implications of UN SDGs and international and national-level education policy
- The education-global citizen-social sustainability nexus
- Regulatory frameworks and political agenda for better education and sustainable development
- Lagging regions in education and sciences
- Socio-economic inequality and the future of UN SDGs
- Pre-school and K12 education goals, curricula and policies in compliance with UN SDGs
- Higher education and research concerning natural and social sustainability and UN SDGs
- Long-term impacts of pre-school, grade-school and tertiary education on strategic SDGs and inclusive growth
- Education and science funding, and basic research in the developed world and the Global South
- Impacts of social networks and technologies on societal education and future citizens
- STI/STEM knowledge base and the betterment of education for future global citizenship
- Lifelong learning for sustainable development
We sincerely believe that your contributions will help to improve the future agenda on addressing issues that hamper developmental sustainability, and on improving global citizenship through educational attainments in compliance with the UN SDGs.
Dr. Quan-Hoang Vuong
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Anh Vinh
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tran Trung
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Global citizenship
- UN SDGs
- education policy
- science-technology-innovation (STI), STEM
- lifelong learning
- citizenship-developmental sustainability
- pre-school/K12/higher education
- social networks and technologies
- evidence-based policy making