Special Issue "Project Intelligence and Management"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2021.
Interests: civil & hydraulic engineering informatics; project quantitative analytics for sustainable engineering and the built environment; decision, risk, failure analysis & disaster management
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in CivilEng: Urban Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
Interests: Reverse Engineering & Rapid Prototyping in AEC (Laser Scanning, Image Capturing (Drone, Mobile Camera); Advanced Construction Technology for Super High-Rise Building; Construction Robotics; IoT based Construction and Maintenance; Cloud and Big data based BIM service
Interests: knowledge mining and modeling; modeling and simulation; cloud technology; predictive analytics; engineering knowledge; information technology; life-cycle analysis; systems behaviors
The applications of and research in project management and sustainable operations have grown rapidly at an exponential rate over the past decades. This Special Issue will focus on the latest advances in novel technologies applying for project development and sustainable engineering disciplines, which are too complex to be solved following a conventional approach and require the application of new techniques, analytical tools, and simulation of support for practitioners to elucidate real-world problems, thus improving the quality of an urban living environment. It will provide a platform for academicians, researchers, and engineers to share their experience and smart solutions to problems in various areas of civil engineering and project management for efficient use of available assets, limited resources, and existing infrastructure in the developing or developed cities.
The scope of the Special Issue includes but is not limited to the followings:
- Advanced construction technology for super high-rise buildings
- Applied machine learning with engineering data
- Big Data and cloud computing with civil engineering applications
- ChatBot applications for engineering project management
- Cloud and Big Data-based BIM service
- Construction robotics
- Deep learning applications for engineering informatics
- Energy performance and efficiency
- Energy system management and engineering
- Hazards forecasting, response, and mitigation
- Implementation and deployment of computing systems for engineering applications
- Infrastructure informatics
- IoT-based construction and maintenance
- Modeling, simulation, and optimization for civil, architectural, and environmental engineering
- Project management and data analytics
- Real-time prediction for project management and engineering applications
- Reverse engineering and rapid prototyping in AEC (laser scanning, image capturing (drone, mobile camera)
- Robotics for engineering automation
- Sustainable engineering and operations
- Water resources engineering and management
Prof. Dr. Jui-Sheng Chou
Prof. Dr. Soonwook Kwon
Prof. Dr. Wai Oswald Chong
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- project management
- sustainable development
- civil and hydraulic engineering
- engineering informatics
- project quantitative analytics
- computer technology
- infrastructure management
- hazard management