Special Issue "Virtual Forest"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2019
A virtual world is - according some definition  - a computer-based replica of the environment which can be populated by users having a personal avatar, and simultaneously and independently explore the virtual world, participate in its activities and communicate with others. In a same way, Virtual Forest is a computer-based replica of the real forest which is assumed to be of interest for professional and non-professional forest users. For example, forest owners, buyers, and decision makers can walk about the wanted forests virtually from any place. In this special issue we are especially looking for multidisciplinary papers describing
- Creation of Virtual Forests, Point Cloud Processing and Texturing Algorithms and Computer Science related to creation of the Virtual Forest
- High-quality visualization techniques of Virtual Forests
- Novel Application, Virtual Services, Serious Games and future visions related to using Virtual Forests
- Use of Virtual Forest for the benefit of Forestry, especially Precision Forestry
- Use of Novel concepts
The contributions are not limited to previous topics, but in general innovative, non-published, un-conventional and multidisciplinary approaches are especially welcomed. Several article types, such as Articles, Reviews and Technical Notes/Letters can be included in the special issue (see https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/instructions).
- Virtual world. Available online: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_world
Prof. Juha Hyyppä
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Remote Sensing is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Virtual Forest, Virtual Replica, Digital Twin, Augmented Reality
- Point Cloud, Texturing, 3D forest
- Game Engine, Serious Games, Gamification
- Visualization, Computer Graphics, Computer Science
- Business applications, Decision Making
- Precision Forestry, Individual Tree Modelling