A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The section of Chemical Biology of the ‘Molecules’ journal aims to publishes reviews and original research articles within the field of Chemical Biology. While the definition of the field overlaps with medicinal and bioorganic chemistry, distinct aspects can be defined which earmarks studies for this section.
The projects are at the interface of Chemistry and Biology.
Molecules are used for interference with or visualize biological systems at the molecular level which can lead to new insights into these systems and their biological mechanisms or provide tools for their manipulation.
Studies must include bioactive synthesized or isolated compounds or probes to realize the above goals. Studies in which compounds are described that capture or detect specific components in a biological context are part of this section.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Circulating RNA Molecules: A New Class of Potential Biomarkers (Deadline: 31 May 2020)
- Carbohydrates in Synthesis (Deadline: 31 May 2020)
- Integration between Computational and Experimental Biophysical Techniques in the Study of Biologically Relevant Systems (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Advance in Fluorine Chemistry (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Frontier of Protein Crystallography (Deadline: 15 July 2020)
- Iminosugars: Beyond Glycosidase Inhibition (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Immunoconjugates for Cancer Imaging and Therapy (Deadline: 15 August 2020)
- Lipids in Health and Disease (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Metal-Based DNA Binding Agents (Deadline: 15 September 2020)
- NMR-Based Metabolomics (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Advances in Therapeutic RNA Design and Delivery (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- New Therapies based on Cancer Metabolic Remodelling (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- DNA/RNA G-quadruplex (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Advances in DNA and RNA Sensing (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Structure and Function of Metalloenzymes (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- 25th Anniversary of Molecules—Recent Advances in Chemical Biology (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Molecular Recognition and Self-Assembly in Chemistry and Medicine (Deadline: 15 October 2020)
- Isoflavonoids and Flavonoids: Their Isolation, Characterization, Synthesis and Health Benefits (Deadline: 15 October 2020)
- Feature Review Papers in Chemical Biology (Deadline: 30 October 2020)
- Ubiquitin and Ubiquitin-Like Proteins: From Basic Mechanisms to Human Disorders (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Single-Molecule: From Physics to Biology (Deadline: 1 November 2020)
- 3D Printing for Chemical, Pharmaceutical, and Biological Applications (Deadline: 30 November 2020)
- Applications of Supramolecular Anion Recognition (Deadline: 30 November 2020)
- Modulation and Determination of Lipases Activity (Deadline: 15 December 2020)
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering (Deadline: 30 December 2020)
- Vibrational Spectroscopy as a Versatile Tool To Predict Protein Structure (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- DNA Topoisomerase: Structure, Function and Mechanism and Regulation of Activities (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Enzymes Reacting with Organophosphorus Compounds (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Proteases: Structure and Drug Development (Deadline: 15 June 2021)
- Carbohydrate Chemistry 2021 (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: