A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The section of Chemical Biology of the ‘Molecules’ journal aims to publishes reviews and original research articles within the field of Chemical Biology. While the definition of the field overlaps with medicinal and bioorganic chemistry, distinct aspects can be defined which earmarks studies for this section.
The projects are at the interface of Chemistry and Biology.
Molecules are used for interference with or visualize biological systems at the molecular level which can lead to new insights into these systems and their biological mechanisms or provide tools for their manipulation.
Studies must include bioactive synthesized or isolated compounds or probes to realize the above goals. Studies in which compounds are described that capture or detect specific components in a biological context are part of this section.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Structural and Functional Aspects of DNA Polymerases (Deadline: 28 February 2019)
- DNA-Encoded Chemical Libraries (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Mass Spectroscopy in Chemical Biology (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- G-quadruplex and Microorganisms (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Carbohydrates in Synthesis (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Molecular Recognition and Self-Assembly in Chemistry and Medicine (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Single-Molecule Fluorescence Spectroscopy (Deadline: 15 May 2019)
- Signaling Molecules: Hydrogen Sulfide and Polysulfide (Deadline: 15 May 2019)
- Glycotherapeutics: Emerging Roles of Glycans in Medicine (Deadline: 30 May 2019)
- Cell-Penetrating Peptides (CPPs) (Deadline: 30 May 2019)
- Carbohydrate Chemistry (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Peptides in Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Discovery, Design, Synthesis, and Application of Nucleoside/Nucleotides (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Small Molecule Drug Design (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Applications of Supramolecular Anion Recognition (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Computational Chemical Biology (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Enzyme Immobilization and Its Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Structure and Function of Metalloenzymes (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- High Throughput Screening II (Deadline: 15 July 2019)
- Biotechnology of Microbial Enzymes (Deadline: 15 July 2019)
- Chemogenomics in Drug Discovery (Deadline: 15 July 2019)
- Design and Synthesis of Carbohydrate Biomaterials and Their Biomedical Applications (Deadline: 15 July 2019)
- Frontier of Protein Crystallography (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Site-Selective Modification of Biomolecules (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Chemical Biology of Antimicrobial Resistance (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Carbohydrate Recognition (Deadline: 15 September 2019)
- Advances in Supramolecular Chemistry (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Enzymes, Biocatalysis and Chemical Biology (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Aptamers: Successes, Limitations and Future Directions (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: