Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Marine Antimicrobial Agents"
A special issue of Marine Drugs (ISSN 1660-3397).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 August 2018).
Interests: antibacterial agents; cation-pi and sigma hole-based protein–ligand complex investigations; the interface of chemistry and art; improving low-income accessibility of hands-on chemical instrumentation-based experiments in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Marine Drugs: Marine Organohalides
Special Issue in J — Multidisciplinary Scientific Journal: Chemical Innovations in Visual Arts Creations
This Special Issue contains communications, full research papers, and reviews pertaining to the following topics:
(1) Purification, spectroscopic structure elucidation, and biological characterization (with requisite in vitro antibacterial MIC (uM) and mammalian cytotoxicity study (uM)) of novel antibacterial compounds derived from marine organisms.
Marine antibacterial compounds include:
- bacteriostatic or bacteriocidal agents
- quorum sensing antagonists
- antiproliferative agents, e.g., inhibitors of bacterial enzymes disrupting the tissue matrix
- inhibitors of cancer-causing or cancer-aiding effects of bacterial infection
Full spectroscopic data (original proton, carbon-13, 2D NMR spectra, and HRMS) and purity confirmation (LCMS chromatogram or elemental analysis) must be included.
(2) Study of biological marine antibacterial agents
- predatory bacteria
(must include in vitro animal cell cytotoxicity study against cells from relevant species, e.g., poultry cell cytotoxicity for an antibacterial agent eliminating a poultry infection)
(3) Investigation of antibacterial selectivity of known or new marine antibacterial agents towards marine vs. terrestrial bacteria
(4) Mechanism of action of marine antibacterial agents, new or previously reported
Dr. Miguel O. Mitchell
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Marine Drugs is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Antibacterial agent
- Quorum-sensing antagonist
- Predatory bacteria