Infrastructures (ISSN 2412-3811) is an international scholarly journal covering all aspects of infrastructure engineering. The journal publishes regular research papers, critical reviews, and short communications. There is no restriction on the maximum length of the papers. We aim to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental and/or methodological details must be provided for research articles.
The scope of Infrastructures includes applications in road, railway, urban, coastal, airport, energy, and critical infrastructures and encompasses the following:
- Construction technology, maintenance, retrofitting, and management of constructed facilities; life cycle assessment and updating; construction materials and utilities; management information systems; intelligent control systems; BIM;
- Analysis of transportation networks, logistics, supply chains, management of transport systems, intelligent transportation systems, safety, and mobility;
- Structural design, structural control, health monitoring and prediction, non-destructive technologies, inspection, structural reliability/stability;
- Pavement, railway, bridge, tunnel, dam, port and marine, geotechnical, environmental, water resources, and survey engineering;
- Computers in civil engineering, automation, and robotics in construction;
- Smart infrastructures; sustainable infrastructures; aging infrastructures; resilient infrastructures: adaptation to climate change, extreme events, hazards and mitigation;
- Artificial intelligence, cognitive modeling, concurrent engineering, distributed computing, evolutionary computing, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms, geometric modeling, internet-based technologies, machine learning algorithms, mobile computing, multimedia technologies, neural network computing, parallel processing, software engineering, VR/AR/MR, and visualization techniques.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Infrastructures will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.