Special Issue "Nanotoxicology and Nanosafety"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 January 2018).
Interests: occupational medicine; public health; nanosafety; active aging; occupational toxicology; industrial health; biological monitoring; occupational risk assessment; occupational diseases; occupational carcinogens
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This is to inform you of an opportunity to be part of a Special Issue of this journal, to advance the understanding of the human health effects of nanomaterials. Nanomaterials are widely used in commerce, science, and medicine and a large numbers of workers make and handle them, and are exposed to them. The knowledge of the adverse health effects of these nanomaterials is very limited. In this Special Issue, we hope to bring together significant research that advances the knowledge base on adverse effects of nanomaterials. Of particular interest will be papers that describe studies where exposure levels are similar to what workers are exposed to. In vitro and In vivo and human studies, as well as, mechanistic studies that contribute to the understanding of worker health effects are welcome. Additionally, papers that describe biomonitoring, risk assessments, bases for occupational exposure limit (OEL) development and evidence-based risk management are also being sought. This Special Issue will focus on the publication of original manuscripts and critical reviews to advance the understanding of the possible health effects of nanomaterials and the means to protect workers exposed to them.
Prof. Ivo Iavicoli
Dr. Paul A. Schulte
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Molecular Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. There is an Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal. For details about the APC please see here. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on respiratory system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on cardiovascular system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on dermal system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on endocrine system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on gastrointestinal system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on immune system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on nervous system
- adverse effects of nanomaterials on renal system
- biological monitoring of engineered nanomaterials
- environmental monitoring of engineered nanomaterials
- molecular and cellular mechanisms of nanomaterial toxic action
- nanomaterial biomarkers of exposure, susceptibility and effect
- nanomaterial dosimetry and particokinetics
- nanomaterial toxicodynamics
- nanomaterial toxicokinetics
- occupational exposure limits of engineered nanomaterials
- oxidative stress
- risk assessment of engineered nanomaterials
- risk management of engineered nanomaterials