Special Issue "Disentangling Mechanisms of Genomic Regulation of Cell Functions at the Gene Level"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 August 2020) | Viewed by 11928
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Interests: genome medicine; computational biology; genomic regulation
Genomic regulation is at the origin of cellular processes in healthy and diseased states. The advent of sequencing and other high-throughput molecular techniques, in combination with the accumulation of omics data and the development of bioinformatics methods, has led to considerable progress in understanding the genomic regulation of cell states and, particularly, the role of single genes and of their mutual interactions in health and disease.
In this Special Issue, we welcome reviews, reports of new methods, and original articles covering all aspects of the genomic regulation of cell functions at the gene level.
Dr. Hans Binder
Dr. Arsen Arakelyan
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Genes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Genomic regulation of development, differentiation and ageing
- Mechanisms of genomic, transcriptomic, and epigenomic dysregulation in diseases (for example, cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases)
- Genomic (e.g., mutations,), transcriptional (e.g., alternative splicing), epigenetic (e.g., DNA methylation, histone modifications) and proteomic levels of regulation and their mutual couplings
- Gene networks and pathways
- Computational and conceptional models
- Transcriptional, post-transcriptional, translational mechanisms
- Omics data analyses, single-cell sequencing
- Bioinformatics approaches (including machine learning) to understand genomic regulation
- Integrative analysis of multi-omics data
- Population genomics of diseases and traits with impact for gene function
- Gene-level and pathway models of telomere regulation and of other cell functions