Special Issue "Emerging Technologies for Advanced Water Purification"
A special issue of Environments (ISSN 2076-3298).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 August 2021).
Interests: environmental engineering; water and wastewater engineering advanced oxidation processes (AOPs); environmental modeling; environmental catalysis
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) for Water Treatment
Special Issue in Water: Wastewater Engineering and Environmental Catalysis
Special Issue in Water: Application of Electrochemistry in Wastewater Treatment
Special Issue in Processes: Gas Emissions Control and Utilization
In recent years, the reuse of wastewater has increased dramatically due to the constant increase in water demand. This is due both to population growth and urbanization and to climate change. From this perspective, research in the field of advanced water management and treatment has increased significantly. New technologies have emerged to address new challenges, such as the degradation of persistent pollutants and emerging contaminants, non-biodegradable wastewater, and pathogens.
This Special Issue welcomes submissions on advanced wastewater management and treatment including but not limited to:
- Physico-chemical processes (membrane technologies, coagulation-flocculation, etc.);
- Advanced oxidation processes (photocatalysis, ozone Fenton, activated persulfate, sonochemistry, electrochemical oxidation, etc.);
- Applications of new catalytic materials for advanced wastewater treatment;
- Combination of biological and physicochemical processes—hybrid treatment;
- Advanced biological treatment (moving bed and membrane bioreactors, etc.);
- Bioremediation and phytoremediation;
- Studies carried out in pilot plants or related to size scaling;
- Applications of artificial intelligence to advanced waste treatment;
- Simulation of advanced treatment of wastewater or drinking water.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zacharias Frontistis
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Environments is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- non-biodegradable wastewater
- emerging contaminants
- advanced wastewater treatment
- physicochemical treatment
- MBR reactor
- advanced oxidation processes
- pilot plants
- simulation of wastewater treatment