Special Issue "Power Electronics for the Grid Integration of Photovoltaic Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2021.
Interests: power electronics; grid-connected converters; line voltage regulator; leakage current elimination in grid-connected PV arrays; model predictive controller
The Guest Editor is inviting submissions to a Special Issue of Energies on the subject area of “Power Electronics for the Grid Integration of Photovoltaic Systems”. Improving the performance of grid-connected PV system using power electronics is one of the most important targets for researchers. Designing new power electronic topologies with improved parameters such circuit size, manufacturing cost, high-efficiency, reduced voltage on solid-state switches, and high voltage gain is recommended. The design of new modulation techniques for grid-connected inverters, elimination of leakage current in grid-connected PV arrays, MPPT and shading challenges in PV arrays are also very important for improving the performance of grid-connected PV arrays. Moreover, the application of power electronic switches and converters as line voltage regulators (LVR) to keep the voltage profile based on world standards is another challenge in grid-connected inverters.
This Special Issue will deal with novel power electronic topologies, modulation techniques, and different challenges in PV arrays, voltage profile in distribution systems, and so on. Topics of interest for publication include, but are not limited to the following:
- New power electronic topologies in grid-connected applications (DC-DC converters, DC-AC converters, etc.).
- Modulation techniques for grid-connected converters (Model predictive controller, Hysteresis controller, etc.).
- Maximum power point tracking.
- Leakage current elimination in grid-connected converters.
- Shading challenge in grid-connected PV arrays.
- Line voltage regulator in grid-connected PV arrays.
- Reliability analysis of grid-connected converters.
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- New power electronic topologies in grid-connected applications (DC-DC converters, DC-AC converters, etc.)
- Modulation techniques for grid-connected converters (Model predictive controller, Hysteresis controller, etc.)
- Maximum power point tracking
- Leakage current elimination in grid-connected converters
- Shading challenge in grid-connected PV arrays
- Line voltage regulator in grid-connected applications
- Reliability analysis of grid-connected converters