Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Renewables-Based Microgrids"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2020.
The recent improvements concerning renewable energy-based power systems and microgrids have driven the interests of the major research and industrial players. Therefore, this Special Issue of the Energies aims at collecting the most up-to-date advancements concerning research and innovation on renewables-based microgrids. The main topics of interests are related (but not limited to) the following:
- Energy management of micro-grids;
- Optimal control of renewable energy-based power systems;
- Power-to-gas plants with renewable energies;
- Synergies between renewable microgrids and electrified mobility;
- Micro-grids integrated with hydrogen generation and storage;
- The highly resilient design of multi-load reversible fuel cell-based microgrids;
- Solid oxide cells (SOCs) for power-to-gas and gas-to-power uses in microgrids;
- CO2 emissions reduction strategies in microgrids;
- Fuel consumptions minimization strategies in microgrids;
- Optimal management of solar panels and wind turbines in microgrids.
Prof. Dr. Marco Sorrentino
Dr. Pierpaolo Polverino
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Renewable energies
- Photovoltaic plants
- Wind turbines
- Electric/hybrid vehicles
- Hydrogen production and storage
- Fuel cells
- Energy management and optimization
- Emissions reduction