Special Issue "Circuits and Systems of Security Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2022.
Interests: integrated circuit design for security systems, encryption algorithms and signal processing systems; methods of searching for hardware trojans in integrated circuits; hardware design for embedded systems
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Hardware security is a major area of investigation because it can deliver significant benefits at the device level, such as robust, tamper-resistant storage of keys, integrated cryptographic primitives, secure communication between devices, protection against both virtual and physical attacks, authorization and authentication between the devices, and many others.
So, this Special Issue provides an opportunity to present new results from both the research and industry communities. We invite you to submit high quality papers to this Special Issue on “Circuits and Systems of Security Applications”, with subjects covering all aspects of embedded, HW/SW design and VLSI implementations. The topics include, but are not limited to:
• Hardware security primitives;
• Applications of secure hardware;
• Attacks against hardware implementations and countermeasures;
• Hardware Trojans – backdoors and detection techniques;
• IC Trust and anti-Counterfeiting;
• Reverse engineering and hardware obfuscation;
• Hardware security primitives: PUFs and TRNGs;
• Security architectures in Embedded Systems;
• Protection of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT);
• Protection of Internet of Things (IoT);
• Security architectures for pervasive computing and wireless applications/protocols;
• Secure System-on-Chip (SoC) designs;
• Lightweight cryptography and implementations;
• FPGA and reconfigurable fabric security;
• Cyber-physical system security.
Prof. Dr. Paris Kitsos
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.