Special Issue "Emerging Power Electronics Technologies"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (28 February 2019)
Prof. Dr. Tomonobu Senjyu
Faculty of Engineering, University of the Ryukyus, 1 Senbaru Nishihara-cho Nakagami Okinawa 903-0213, Japan
Website | E-Mail
Interests: renewable energy, power system analysis, power system optimization, distribution system control and optimization, power system control, power electronics in power systems
The Guest Editor is inviting submissions to a Special Issue of Applied Sciences on the subject area of “Emerging Power Electronics Technologies”. Power electronics technologies play an important role in efficient energy usages in recent years. This trend will increase, year-by-year, in the areas of power systems, tractions, renewable resources, and consumer appliances.
This Special Issue focuses on emerging power electronic topologies and applications for power systems and traction systems, as well as consumer appliances. Topics of interest for publication include, but are not limited to:
- Emerging new topologies for inverters/converters;
- High voltage DC transmission systems;
- Novel renewable energy converter/inverter systems;
- Virtual synchronous generator;
- Smart inverter;
- Electrical machines, drives, systems and applications;
- New topologies for high voltage inverter/converter;
- New applications for power electronics;
- Power electronics in smart grid;
- AC/DC converters and inverters;
- Control and optimization of power electronic circuit;
- Distributed generation for power electronics;
- Recent traction systems for vehicles, trains and ships;
- Demand side electrification and management with power electronics;
- Power electronics for smart house;
- Power electronics for smart cities;
- Optimization of power electronics circuit;
- Control issue for power electronics
Prof. Tomonobu Senjyu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- All electric type converters/inverters
- Novel converters/inverters topologies
- Motor drive applications
- Power systems
- Electric distribution systems
- Consumer appliances
- Optimization and/or control of power electronics