A section of Actuators (ISSN 2076-0825).
The technological progress of control systems has led to the rapid development of industrial control in the fields of automobile systems, mechatronic systems and communication systems, as well as the petrochemical industry. In addition to their use in industry, control systems are also widely employed in agriculture, transportation, water conservancy and other critical infrastructure. With the rapid development of digital, networked and intelligent technologies, an increasing number of intelligent devices are being used alongside control systems, in order to meet the various needs of intelligent, complex and multifunctional systems in different application fields.
Actuators play an important role in control systems. According to the received control signals, they maintain the controlled variables within a certain variation range. The “Control Systems” section in this journal aims to report novel contributions pertaining to actuators with advanced control system technologies in the field of their applications, integration, design methods and theories, as well as case studies. The topics in this section include, but are not limited to, (1) new actuators for control systems, (2) novel control methods, such as intelligent control, and fault and attack-tolerant control, (3) case studies of actuator applications in emerging control systems, such as cyber-physical systems, man–machine systems, and intelligent systems.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Sensor and Actuator Attacks of Cyber-Physical Systems (Deadline: 15 December 2022)
- Applications of Intelligent Control in Actuators Systems (Deadline: 30 December 2022)
- Actuators for Identification, Vibration Analysis, and Control of Mechatronic Systems (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Advance Control Research for Underactuated Robot Systems (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Data-Driven Control and Optimization for Autonomous Systems (Deadline: 5 January 2023)
- Active Flow Control: Recent Advances in Fundamentals and Applications (Deadline: 31 January 2023)
- New Control Schemes for Actuators (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Actuators and Dampers for Vibration Control: Damping and Isolation Applications - Volume II (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Applications of Finite-Time Disturbance Rejection Control Method (Deadline: 5 April 2023)
- Virtual Decomposition Control for Robot Manipulators (Deadline: 30 April 2023)
- Nonlinear Active Vibration Control (Deadline: 30 May 2023)
- Electro-Mechanical Actuator, Diagnostic and Fault-Tolerant Control Systems (Deadline: 30 June 2023)