Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Influence of Climate Change on Floods"
A special issue of Water (ISSN 2073-4441). This special issue belongs to the section "Water and Climate Change".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 July 2021) | Viewed by 18152
Special Issue Editor
Interests: hydrology; floods; climate change; statistical hydrology; distributed hydrological modelling; water resources; flood frequency analysis; flood forecasting
Special Issue Information
Currently, there is general concern about how climate change will influence floods in the future. Such influence can be assessed either by studying past series observed at gauging stations or analyzing the climate projections provided under the assumptions fixed in the last IPCC report. Recently, the first evidence of the influence of climate change on floods in the last decades has been found, consisting of a shift in flood timing. In addition, climate projections suggest that flood risks will increase in the future.
This Special Issue aims to present recent advances on the assessment of the influence of climate change on floods. Specifically, manuscripts about the following topics are of interest for this Special Issue:
- Studies from catchment scale to larger national and transnational scales;
- Statistical analyses of hydroclimatological series either observed in the past or projected in the future, such as precipitation and streamflow, among others;
- Influence of climate change on variables that influence flood magnitudes, such as evapotranspiration, antecedent moisture content and land uses, among others;
- Rainfall-runoff modelling to transform climate projections into flood series;
- Uncertainty analyses of climate projections and hydrological modelling results;
- Assessment of the expected changes in the future in extreme precipitations and floods;
- Assessment of the expected changes in flood risks driven by climate change.
Prof. Dr. Luis Mediero
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- climate change
- climate projections
- rainfall-runoff models
- flood risks