Special Issue "Zoonotic and Vectorborne Viral Infections: Applying the One Health Vision—from Challenges to Solutions"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 October 2018).
Interests: zoonotic viruses; One Health vision
Interests: animal health; zoonoses; transboundary animal diseases
This Special Issue of Viruses on “Zoonotic and Vectorborne Viral Infections: Applying the One Health Vision—from Challenges to Solutions” will include review articles or papers that have, as an ultimate goal, the providing of:
- General background on viral infections
- An update on the epidemiological perspective in a given country or continent or in the global context
- An overview of environmental and socio-economic drivers that influence the emergence/spread/impact of the disease/infection
- A critical definition of the challenges in preventing/controlling/ eradicating the infection from a One Health perspective that can be applied from an international organization/national government/funding agency perspective
- What needs to be done in wild/domestic reservoir, in people affected to control and then eradicate the infection
In addition, editorials or position papers on controversial issues around certain viral infections or papers with a completely transversal approach (e.g., the effect of urbanization on certain zoonotic diseases, climate change and zoonotic diseases).
Prof. Dr. Ilaria Capua
Dr. Giovanni Cattoli
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Viruses is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- emerging diseases
- One Health