Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Vaccines (ISSN 2076-393X).
Acting in accordance with the overall aims of the journal, the Section titled “Vaccines Adjuvants” publishes original research and review articles. This Section welcomes original research and review articles describing current experimental and conceptual advances in the development and use of Vaccine Adjuvants.
Infectious diseases in livestock are a major threat to global animal health and welfare. In addition, contamination of our animal-sourced food with infectious disease is an international food safety issue. Vaccines are the most powerful tools to combat infectious diseases. Although whole microorganism-based vaccines can provide efficient protection against pathogens, they are not always entirely safe and may induce undesirable immune responses.
To enhance vaccine immunogenicity, suitable adjuvants and targeted antigen delivery carriers are needed. While available, animal vaccine adjuvants and carriers are limited. It is necessary that we formulate novel strategies to develop non-toxic adjuvants and less immunogenic vaccine delivery carriers to treat various animal diseases.
This Section covers all topics relevant to Vaccine Adjuvants for human and animal use including safety and effectiveness, adjuvants for the elderly and the very young, adjuvants for systemic and mucosal vaccines, the immune mechanisms driven by adjuvants. The section will publish different types of manuscripts, including short reports, full-size papers, and reviews. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review.
- mucosal vaccines
- immune mechanisms driven by adjuvants
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advance in Nanoparticles as Vaccine Adjuvants (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Nanocarriers in Vaccine Applications (Deadline: 30 April 2023)
- Advances in Epitope-Based Vaccine Design (Deadline: 31 May 2023)
- Vaccines and Vaccine Adjuvants for Infectious Diseases and Autoimmune Diseases (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Virus-Like Particle Vaccines and Other Vaccine Formulations Against Respiratory Viruses and Protozoan Parasites (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Nanoparticles Based Nanomedicine and Vaccines Development (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Vaccine Adjuvants and Immunological Considerations in the Pre- and Post-COVID Era (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Vaccine Adjuvants Research (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Virus-Like Particle (VLP) Vaccines against Emerging Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Advancements in Nanotechnology-Based Vaccines (Nanovaccines) (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Nanoparticle-Based Vaccines against Chronic Inflammatory Diseases (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Next-Generation Vaccines: Nanoparticle-Mediated DNA and RNA Delivery (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Modern Adjuvants and Their Roles in Vaccine Development (Deadline: 31 December 2023)