A section of Toxins (ISSN 2072-6651).
The Animal Venoms section of the Toxins journal invites the submission of high quality manuscripts that report new investigations into all aspects of venom research, including but not limited to, venom evolution, clinical effects and case reports, bio-discovery (including applications of venom toxins as therapeutic lead compounds), and the implications of changes in venomous animal taxonomy. The editors will also consider reviews that summarize current thinking or which present controversial viewpoints for further discussion. Short communications that report important self-contained observations are also welcome.
1D gel; 2D DIGE; 2D gel; antivenom; antivenomics; bioactivity; biochemistry; bioinformatics; clinical laboratory; clinical trials; diagnostic methods; evolution; expression; gene expression profiling; in vitro diagnostics; iTRAQ; molecule; next-generation sequencing; NMR; optimisation of drug therapy; PCR; peptide; pharmacology; phylogeny; physiology; protein; proteome; proteomics; purification; qPCR; RT-qPCR; taxonomy; therapeutic molecules; toxin; toxinology; transcriptome; transcriptomics; tropical disease; venom; X-ray crystallography
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Evolutionary Ecology of Venom (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Diversity and Pharmacological Discovery from Venoms of Conus and other Conidaeans (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Arthropod Venom Components and their Potential Usage (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Novel Strategies for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Snakebites (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Venom Proteomics and Transcriptomics (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Venoms and Ion Channels (Deadline: 15 December 2019)
- Assessment of Animal Toxin Function with Novel Viscoelastic Methods (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: