Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Symmetry in Multimedia Security"
A special issue of Symmetry (ISSN 2073-8994). This special issue belongs to the section "Computer Science and Symmetry/Asymmetry".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2023 | Viewed by 102
Special Issue Editor
E-Mail Website1 Website2
Interests: information security; data security; steganography; steganalysis; software programming; blockchain
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue Information
Multimedia data have dominated the Internet, and various devices are capable of producing and handling multimedia data such as audio, image, and video. Multimedia security is a major concern in the prevention of ownership and copyright problems. Multimedia security methodologies, such as digital watermarking, data encryption/decryption, steganography, data hiding, and blockchain, represent new trends in multimedia security. When considering multimedia security, symmetric and asymmetric concepts are very important to sender and receiver.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Malware in multimedia data and devices;
- Multimedia data security, recovery, and segregation;
- Secure integration of multimedia data in IoT and online social networks;
- Multimedia steganography and steganalysis;
- Digital watermarking;
- Digital rights management systems;
- Security and privacy issues about multimedia systems;
- Multimedia security on smart homes, IoE, automobiles, smart city, and smart grid;
- Security applications with blockchain;
- Multimedia forensics;
- Lightweight cryptography and protocols;
- Privacy, reliability, and security issues raised by cyber physical systems;
- Access control and authentication for multimedia privacy and security systems;
- Symmetry and asymmetry security on multimedia data.
Dr. Ki-Hyun Jung
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Symmetry is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.