Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Toward Sustainability: Transport Geography and Mobility"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2019).
Rapid global population growth has led to the high demand of freight and passenger transport, which in turn creates enormous pressure on transportation infrastructures and the environment. Congestion, air pollution and urban sprawl have become increasingly apparent worldwide. Sustainable transport and mobility alternatives have been sought by industries, government bodies and local communities to address these issues. Many innovative theories, methods, technologies and policies have been developed and implemented to reduce the projected risks and ensure compact, connected and efficient growth.
As such, this Special Issue aims to understand the geographic dimension of transport and mobility and its development towards sustainability. We invite authors to submit original research as well as review articles that will stimulate continuing efforts to understand the theories, technologies and methods contributing to the sustainable movement of people, goods and information by any mode at any geographic scale. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Transport, travel behavior and accessibility and their relationship to environment, energy and climate changes;
- Innovative sustainable mobility technologies: connected mobility, smart mobility, active mobility and shared mobility;
- The geographic dimension of land use and transport integration for sustainable cities and regions;
- Sustainable policy development for effective and efficient transport and mobility;
- The relationship between sustainable mobility and ecotourism;
- The relationship between tourism transportation and the ecological effect;
- Human factors in sustainable transport and mobility;
- Big data applications in sustainable transport and mobility;
- Innovative spatial technologies in analyzing and modeling transport geography and mobility data.
Dr. Jianhong (Cecilia) Xia
Dr. Jun Liu
Dr. Jun Yang
Dr. Wei Sun
Dr. Feng Zhen
Dr. Guangliang Xi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- transport geography
- climate change
- smart city