Special Issue "Laser Spectroscopy and Sensing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 January 2010) | Viewed by 336042
Interests: widely tunable infrared laser sources; sensitive and selective monitoring methods such as multipass absorption, photoacoustics and cavity ringdown; algorithms for spectral analyses of multi-component mixtures; low-cost photoacoustic gas sensors; application of laser-spectroscopic schemes
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
- Laser-based sensors for gases, liquids, and solid
- Requirements: sensitivity, specificity, temporal resolution, in situ, remote, etc.
- Mathematical analysis of multi-component spectra
- UV vis. IR spectroscopy
- Laser sources: tunable diode lasers, VCSELs and VECSELS, interband cascade lasers (ICLs), quantum cascade lasers (QCLs), lead salt diode lasers, nonlinear optical sources (difference frequency generation (DFG), optical parametric oscillators (OPOs), tuning performance, linewidth, etc.
- Interaction of radiation with matter: absorption, scattering, fluorescence Measurements schemes: Multipass and intracavity absorption, photoacoustics, cavity ringdown, etc.
- Application areas:
- Isotope ratio determination
- Environment: temporal and spatial distribution of trace gases and particulate matter, urban and rural areas
- Agriculture and food science: dynamic control of atmosphere in green- and storage houses, surveillance of ripening, wilting and fermentation processes, toxic compounds like melamine, acrylamide, etc.
- Industry: emission control, workplace safety, process monitoring, etc.