Special Issue "Selected Papers from the 2018 IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for the Sea"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 April 2019).
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Interests: monitoring systems; wireless sensor networks; image processing; estimation theory; DSP-based systems for power quality analysis; A/D and D/A converters modeling and testing
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
The 2018 IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for the Sea (http://www.metrosea.org/) will be held in Bari, Italy, 8–10 October, 2018
MetroSea aims to gather people who work in the development of instrumentation and measurement methods for the sea. Attention is paid, but not limited to, new technology for sea environment monitoring, metrology-assisted production in the sea industry, ship component measurement, sensors and associated signal conditioning for the sea, and calibration methods for electronic tests and measurements for marine applications.
- Electronic instrumentation for the sea
- Automatic test equipment for the sea
- Sensors and sensor sensing systems for sea applications
- Wireless sensor networks for marine applications
- Monitoring systems for the sea
- Metrology for navigation and precise positioning
- Measurements for submarine obstacle detection
- Underwater vehicle for exploration
- Pollution detection for reclamation
- Submarine infrastructure maintenance and reliability
- Signal and image processing
- Metrology and quality assurance for submarine soldering
- Weather forecasting and nowcasting for maritime navigation
- Measures for Marine Biology
- Measures for Marine Geology
- June 30, 2018 - Special Session Proposal
- July 10, 2018 - Extended Abstract Submission Deadline
- August 20, 2018 - Notification of Acceptance
- September 15, 2018 - Final Paper Submission Deadline
Authors of papers related to sensors presented at the workshop are invited to submit extended versions of their work to this Special Issue for publication.
Dr. Francesco Picariello
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.