Special Issue "Intelligence, Security, Trust and Privacy Advances in IoT, Bigdata and 5G Networks"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Interests: Internet of Things; wireless networking and sensing; smart health; cybersecurity
Interests: IoT Security; Privacy Protection; Big Data Security; Secure Deep Learning
Interests: IEEE 802.11 standards; Internet of Things; low-power protocols; Smart Cities
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Sensors: Wireless Systems and Networks in the IoT
Special Issue in Electronics: Real-Time Applications Support in Wi-Fi
In the era of the Internet of Things (IoT) and big data, widespread applications of various intelligent terminals and wearable sensing devices promote many novel information transmission approaches and information service modes. Nowadays, 5G-enabled derivatives, such as smart city, smart transportation, connected healthcare and smart energy, are developing rapidly. While it provides enhanced convenience to peoples’ lives, it also faces severe security and privacy challenges. Various data-driven intelligent applications should be combined with diversified privacy protection technologies, attach importance to personal and organizational identity and data privacy protection, and strive to build a secure ecological environment for the whole lifecycle of information flow.
This Special Issue organizes the latest intelligent data processing strategies, trust management, privacy protection techniques, and attack and defense methods for IoT, Blockchain and 5G ubiquitous network. Technical contribution papers, industrial case studies and review papers are welcome. The proposed topics include (but are not limited to):
- Intelligent data processing, algorithm, and model;
- Security, trust and privacy in IoT, big data and 5G networks;
- Multimedia networking, communication and security;
- Data fusion of heterogeneous sensor data and multi-mode data;
- Secure machine learning and deep learning;
- Privacy-preserving data mining;
- Trust and privacy representation, measurement and management;
- Privacy computing methods, models and algorithms;
- Security, trust and privacy in wireless sensor network, edge/fog computing;
- Federated learning, reinforcement learning and meta learning;
- Adaptive access control model, authentication and authorization;
- Unmanned aerial vehicles networking, communication and security;
- Intelligent transportation system, communication and security;
- Connected healthcare technology and applications;
- Security, trust and privacy in smart grid and smart energy;
- Trusted execution environments, hardware and chip security;
- Intelligent processing and security in connected autonomous vehicles;
- Blockchain technologies and applications.
Prof. Dr. Jinbo Xiong
Dr. Shaoen Wu
Prof. Dr. Periklis Chatzimisios
Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Daneshmand
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.