Special Issue "Vision and Sensor-Based Sensing in Human Action Recognition"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2023 | Viewed by 6535
Interests: pattern recognition; character recognition; image processing; computer vision; human computer interaction; neurological disease analysis; machine learning
The goal of this Special Issue is to help to overcome the gap between human action recognition and its involvement in the development of many important applications such as human–computer interaction (HCI), virtual reality, security, the internet of things (IoT), healthcare facilities, and so on.
Over the past few decades, video-based or sensor-based sensing for human action recognition has received tremendous attention from the research community due to its wide range of applications and the recent advancement of computational performance, camera and sensor technology, and algorithms of machine learning and deep learning.
In this Special Issue of vision and sensor-based sensing in human action recognition, we are aiming to publish novel and technically sound research articles that demonstrate theoretical and practical contributions to computer vision, machine learning, AI, sensing, and medical and social issues.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Human action recognition from camera, video, and other relevant sensor data
- Nontouch and touch interfaces using human action
- Deep learning approach for human action recognition
- Handwriting action analysis and recognition
- Medical diagnosis and recognition using human action
- Biosignal processing for human action recognition
- Health care application using human action
- Virtual reality, augmented reality, and other applications using human action
- Human action analysis and recognition for social issues
- Large datasets on human action recognition
- Current state-of-the-art and future trends of human action recognition
Prof. Dr. Jungpil Shin
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Human–computer interaction
- Hand gesture
- Nontouch and touch interfaces
- Handwriting action
- Wearable sensors, nonwearable sensors
- Video-based sensors
- Medical diagnosis and recognition
- Biosignal processing
- Virtual reality, augmented reality
- Machine learning
- Deep learning