Special Issue "Advances in Mining Technology: The Digital Mine"
A special issue of Resources (ISSN 2079-9276).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 February 2019
The ongoing need to deliver improved safety, productivity, and environmental benefits in the mining industry presents an open challenge, as well as a powerful incentive, to develop new and improved solutions. Critical to the success of this initiative is the ability to identify approaches that led to high-value processes across the entire mining value chain to improve resource quality and mining productivity, increase personnel safety, and achieve effective environmental stewardship. This Special Issue invites new contributions in mining sensing, automation and knowledge management advances, with a special emphasis on digitally-enabled technologies towards a fully digital mining ecosystem.
Submissions are welcome in all areas of mining technology, but not limited to the following topics:
- Smart sensing—mining situational awareness through integrated sensor networks
- Automation—sensing, processing and control leading to high-integrity mining equipment operating at peak efficiency with trusted autonomy
- Data-driven decision-making—integrating next-generation analytics and decision making with current mining process, culture and experience
- Exploring the physical-digital interaction—digital technology applications in mining contexts
- Human–technology interaction— distributed, collaborative and remote operations to deliver the digitally enabled mining workforce
- Integrated enterprise—systems interoperability, maximising value from information, managing uncertainty in data and processes
Submission scopes can include:
- Early technology development—sensors, systems and software
- Case studies of digital technology in mining contexts
- Related applications and success in analogous domains
- Industry-focused developments and applications
- Technology roadmaps and future directions
Dr. Jonathon Ralston
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Resources is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- systems integration
- decision support
- technology development