We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the Resources 2022 Travel Award for junior scientists. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Resources Editorial Board.
This prize provides financial support for the winner to attend an international conference in the field of resources to be held in 2022, in order to hold a presentation, present a poster, or both.
– Postdoctoral fellows (within three years of receiving their Ph.D.) or Ph.D. students (Proof Required).
– Plans to attend an international conference in 2022 (oral presentation or poster). If international travel remains limited due to the coronavirus, a special case can be made to use the award to support participation in a scientific conference that is held online.
– Candidates from under-represented genders, cultural backgrounds, and regions are encouraged to apply.
Required Application Documents:
– Outline of the research to be presented and its significance; why the applicant wishes to have the support of Resources; and details of a travel budget, including funding available from other sources. (1 page)
– CV, with a complete list of publications. (1–2 pages, plus a publication list)
– Details of the conference to be attended and a copy of the abstract and acceptance letter or anticipated date of decision. (1 page)
– A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or department head, which also confirms the applicant’s status as either a Ph.D. student or Postdoctoral fellow. (1 page)
The equally weighted selection criteria for the award consist of the (a) quality of the applicant (assessed relative to opportunity); (b) quality of the conference and research to be presented; and (c) the applicant’s needs. Candidates from underrepresented genders, cultural backgrounds, and regions are encouraged to apply.
The winner will be awarded 800 CHF and a certificate.
Please submit your application for the Resources 2022 Travel Award online (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/journalabbr/awards/submit/1370) by 15 January 2022. Any questions about the travel award can be directed to [email protected]. The prize will be awarded at the end of February 2022 and announced on the Resources website.