Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Nonimaging Optics in Solar Energy"
A special issue of Photonics (ISSN 2304-6732).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2019.
The Special Issue invites manuscripts that document the current state-of-the-art in nonimaging optics.
Nonimaging optics takes the perspective of optics based on the energy and thermodynamic perspective. This perspective may be expanded into the information theory and phase space quantification of etendue.
It has produced and continued to produce innovations in particle science, illumination, cosmic ray measurement, solar concentration, information science, sensors, and even imaging problems.
The Special Issue aims to develop new ideas and applications in the broad area of nonimaging optics. We will consider theoretical, numerical, and experimental papers that cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Advances in fundamental nonimaging theory, which includes, but is not limited to the following: thermodynamics of geometric optics, geometric flux theory, light field theory, and the role of the vector potential and its gauge properties in optical design.
- Numerical and theoretical efforts in designing new nonimaging optical systems.
- Materials utilizing micro/nano scale nonimaging devices.
- Progress in nonimaging devices; applications include, but are not limited to the following:
- Solar concentration
- Cosmic ray astronomy
- Particle physics detectors, particularly Cerenkov particle detectors
- Information science and sensors.
- Imaging applications such as light field camera
Prof. Dr. Roland Winston
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Photonics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.