Special Issue "Novel Materials and Technologies for Fiber Lasers"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2021.
Interests: optical fibers; fiber lasers; femtosecond lasers; optical pulses
The present Special Issue is dedicated to recent advances in materials and technologies for fiber lasers. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Optical fibers based on new perspective materials (including doped glasses, soft glasses, and highly nonlinear glasses) and advanced laser systems (CW and pulsed, including systems with nonlinear light conversion stages) based on such fibers in various wavelength ranges, including mid-IR;
- Photosensitive fibers, fiber Bragg gratings, and their applications in advanced fiber lasers;
- Novel fiber designs for power/energy scaling of laser systems, including photonic crystal fibers and multi-core fibers, novel nonlinear propagation regimes in multimode fibers, and advanced high-power fiber amplifier designs;
- Gas- and liquid-filled fibers and their applications in advanced fiber lasers;
- Novel 2D materials for fiber lasers, the integration of such materials with fibers, and the applications of such integrations in fiber lasers, including mode-locking and Q-switching.
Dr. Alexey V. Andrianov
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Photonics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.