Special Issue "Applications of Nano-Designed Systems in Biomedical Research"
A special issue of Nanomaterials (ISSN 2079-4991).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2019).
Interests: transdermal and topical drug delivery; intranasal administration of nano-metric systems; microemulsions; nanoparticles; biopharmaceutics
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Nano-designed technologies have gained a great deal of interest, which is expressed by an extensive worldwide use; in diverse research areas, in many products, and in various industrial processes. Due to the unique properties of nano-designed systems as potential nanocarriers through biological barriers, their application in drug therapeutics is an important issue that should be specifically addressed. Thus, in an attempt to highlight the medical uses and applications related to nano-designed compositions, Nanomaterials has decided to publish a Special Issue “Applications of Nano-Designed Systems in Biomedical Research”, which will focus on recent studies and developments of nanosystems for the delivery for drugs and therapeutic agents. The Special Issue of Nanomaterials will include:
- Recent advances in theoretical modeling of drug solubilization and release from nanotechnology-based systems.
- Oral delivery and intestinal absorption of drug-loaded nanoparticles.
- Delivery of protein and peptide drugs via nano-systems
- Parenteral delivery and tumor targeting.
- Topical and dermatological use.
- Intranasal and brain targeting.
- Other applications (e.g., ophthalmic, periodontal, etc.).
- Methods and procedures for the manufacture of drug nanocarriers.
Prof. Amnon Sintov
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Nanoparticles, nanospheres, nanocapsules, nanoprisms
- Microemulsion, nanoemulsion
- Self-assembling nanostructures
- Enhanced drug delivery
- Increased drug bioavailability
- Protein and peptide drug delivery
- Sustained and targeted drug delivery