A section of Metabolites (ISSN 2218-1989).
Food Metabolomics provides the results of original research on the physical, chemical, biological and health aspects of food science and technology, and includes reviews related to food science, with a particular focus on the biological roles of metabolites and small molecule biomarkers. This section accepts researches on food compositional and/or functionality changes during and after food processing through physical, chemical, and biological means. In addition, the Food Metabolomics section covers research on the bioactive function and nutrition of food and its components, including proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and phytochemicals, based on in vitro and in vivo model studies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The identification, structure elucidation and quantification of metabolites from foods;
- Nutritive value/bioavailability, trace elements, functional foods, nutraceuticals;
- Application of emerging technology to extract metabolites from foods;
- Active packaging;
- Natural antioxidants to food preservation;
- Food allergens/contaminants.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Impact of Re-formulated/Functional Foods on the Food and Human Metabolome (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Dietary Strategies for Metabolic Syndrome (Deadline: 10 February 2024)
- Bioactive Compounds Biosynthesis and Metabolism in Food (Deadline: 15 February 2024)
- Effects of Bioactive Compounds on Metabolic Syndrome (Deadline: 15 March 2024)
- Metabolomics Strategies in Bioorganic Research of Honey (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- New Trends in Foodomics and machine learning in Japan and New Zealand (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Metabolomics Analysis in Food Authentication and Traceability (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Emerging Applications of Metabolomics in Fermented Food (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Metabolomic Technology in Quality and Safety of Agricultural Products and Foods (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Application of Metabolomics in Food Fermentation (Deadline: 30 November 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: