Special Issue "Metal Complexes: Applications in Chemistry and Materials Science"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2020.
Interests: supramolecular; chiral recognition; structure; magnetism; spin crossover
This monogragh focuses on areas where metal complexes are used in a wide range of applications. Topics are selected on the basis of the unique characteristics of metal complexes: varying geometries, coordination number, oxidation states, electronic states and reactivity, and the utilization of these properties in a range of modern chemical applications. Examples will include:
- Design of metal complexes incorporated into MOF materials that exhibit size specificity for inclusion of gaseous (hydrogen and carbon oxides) and other guests.
- The utilization of spin crossover complexes as materials to be incorporated into molecular electronics or detection devices.
- Use of complexes as starting materials in CVD or solvothermal reactions to prepare materials that have desired electrical or magnetic properties.
- Ability of metal complexes to participate in chiral recognition, spontaneous resolution and rearrangements.
- Metal complexes used in formation of polymers and nanoparticles.
All cases will relate the basic properties of the metal complex to the desired characteristics of the material that it produces and the applications for which it is intended. Experimental details, including structure, spectroscopic data and physical methods will be provided to support the work.Prof. Greg A. Brewer
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Materials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- spin crossover complexes as materials for electronic applications-complexes employed in MOFs
- complexes used in solvothermal synthesis of new materials
- supramolecular chiral recognition
- catalysts or reactants for new polymers
- applications involving Lanthanides or Actinides
The below list represents only planned manuscripts. Some of these manuscripts have not been received by the Editorial Office yet. Papers submitted to MDPI journals are subject to peer-review.
Authors: G. Brewer; C. Brewer; R. Butcher and P. Zavalij2. Title: The Influence on Spin State and Spin Crossover Behavior of Tripodal Complexes of tris(2-aminoethyl)amine and Relatives with First Row Transition Metal Ions
Author: G. Brewer3. Title: Metalated Nucleic Acids: Diagnosis and Therapy
Author: Madhuri Hande4. Title: An Overview on the Naphthoquinone Ligands, Their Metal Complexes and Biological-Active Properties
Authors: Violeta Niculescu and Liviu Chirigiu