Special Issue "Sensor and Actuator Networks: Feature Papers"
A special issue of Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (ISSN 2224-2708).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2019).
Interests: bio-medical applications of wireless sensor networks; secured communication in WSN, IoT framework; vehicular systems
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This is a Special Issue of high quality papers (original research articles or comprehensive review papers) in open access format by Editorial Board members and researchers invited by the Editorial Board members and the Editorial Office. Papers will be published, free of charge, after peer review. The scope of “Sensor and Actuator Networks” includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- System architecture, operating systems, and network hardware for sensor and actuator networks;
- sensor tasking and self-management;
- network services for time, localization, and power management;
- communication and network protocols;
- data processing, data storage, and data management within sensor and actuator networks;
- programming models and middleware for sensor/actuator networks;
- simulation of sensor/actuator networks;
- experimental facilities and test beds for sensor/actuator networks;
- global sensor networks;
- embedded systems;
- nanosensor networks;
- applications in medical science, environment monitoring, manufacturing, automation and precision agriculture, etc.;
- security and privacy.
Prof. Dr. Dharma P. Agrawal
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.