Special Issue "Corporate Finance and CSR"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2021.
Interests: green financing; microfinance; financial resilience; management controls; organisational culture; organisational dynamic capability; corporate social responsibility; organisational performance; strategic outcome
This Special Issue pays attention to the topic of “Corporate Finance and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)”. Criticism of unethical business practices has intensified in recent years due to a series of industrial accidents, including the deadliest collapse of the Rana Plaza in Bangladesh back in 2013, corporate scandals, and financial allegations including the breach of the Anti-Money Laundering and Terror Financing Act 2006 by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia from 2012‒2018. While different stakeholders include governments, global business leaders, international organisations, and corporate professionals who keep trying to enhance ethical and socially responsible business practices around the globe, it is of critical concern to observe an increase of unethical business practices under the shadow of so-called socially responsible business practices across different sectors, including the financial sector through investing into, and financing from, socially and environmentally harmful industries/projects. Consequently, researchers and corporate leaders have been paying a growing amount of attention to studying, in detail, the area of corporate paradoxical behaviour of greenwashing practices through irresponsible finance and investment decisions under the shadow of CSR practices. Therefore, this Special Issue calls for papers within the broad field of corporate finance and CSR practices to draw a broad picture on the motivation for, consequences of, and ways to minimise corporate irresponsible finance practices.
This Special Issue welcomes empirical, theoretical, and conceptual papers with novelty within the area of corporate finance and CSR practices, including, but not limited to:
- Investment decisions and environmental CSR practices/performance.
- Financing decisions and sustainable business practices.
- Socially ir/responsible finance and organisational performance.
- Factors motivating socially irresponsible corporate finance practices.
- Social and economic impact of socially irresponsible corporate finance practices.
- Ways of/approaches to socially responsible corporate finance practices.
- Islamic finance and investment and socially responsible corporate finance practices.
- Responsible use of organisational financial resources and CSR practices.
- NGOs accountability towards responsible financing.
- Responsible finance and investment practices and responsibility to shareholders.
- Corporate greenwashing in developing and developed country context.
- Corporate greenwashing and government and corporate accountability.
Dr. Faruk Bhuiyan
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Risk and Financial Management is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Corporate social responsibility
- Corporate finance
- Organisational performance
- Financial institutions