About Journal of Risk and Financial Management
The Journal of Risk and Financial Management (JRFM) was formerly edited by Prof. Dr. Raymond Cox and published by Prof. Dr. Alan Wong in print (ISSN 1911-8066 for print edition) and online (ISSN 1911-8074 for electronic edition) in one yearly volume from 2008 until end 2012. MDPI has taken over the publication of this title on 1 October 2013. Articles published prior to 1 October 2013 on www.jrfm.us have been transferred onto the MDPI platform and left unchanged. MDPI will continue to publish the online edition only.
The Journal of Risk and Financial Management (JRFM, ISSN 1911-8074) adheres to rigorous peer-review as well as editorial processes, and publishes leading research on finance, economics and risk. The goal of JRFM is to enable rapid dissemination of high impact research to the scientific community.
- Banking and Finance
- Financial Institutions; Banking (Efficiency, Crisis, Regulation, Risk Management, Solvency); Commercial Bank; Central Bank; Federal Reserve; Islamic Banks; Basel Accords; Accounting and Financial Reporting; Capital Structure; Credit Rating; Financial Stability
- Mathematics and Finance
- Mathematical Tools (Statistical Tools, Extreme Value Theory / Extreme Value Analysis (EVA), Numerical Methods, Time Series, Mathematical Models, ARCH Model, GARCH Model, Stochastic Models for Asset and Instrument Prices)
- Derivatives Pricing (Pricing Models, Arbitrage-free Pricing, Options Pricing, Futures Contract Pricing, Swap Valuation, Forward Price, Brownian Model of Financial Markets)
- Portfolio Modelling; Performance Measurement; Quantitative Finance; Computational Finance; Financial Engineering
- Economics and Finance
- Macroeconomics; Microeconomics; Monetary Economics; Economic Growth; Development Economics; Environmental Economics; Asset Pricing; General Equilibrium; Rational Asset Pricing (Risk Neutral Pricing); Corporate Finance & Corporate Governance; Financial Econometrics; Uncertainty & Decision-making; Behavioral and Experimental Finance; High Frequency Data; Finance Microstructures
- Financial Risk & Economic Risk (Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Volatility Risk, Systemic Risk, Political Risk)
- Risk Management and Analysis (Risk Prediction, Risk Modelling, Risk Taking, Risk Hedging, Project Risk Management)
- Insurance and Actuarial Sciences
- Sustainability and Finance
- Green Finance; Ethical Finance; Corporate Social Responsibility; Socially Responsible Investments; Impact Investing; Sustainable Investing and Sustainable Funds; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Performance; ESG impact measures of portfolios; Green bonds, Climate Bonds and Social Bonds; Innovative financial instruments; Supply Chain Management; Circular Economy; Corporate Sustainability; Sustainable Supply Chain Finance
- Financial Markets
- Foreign Exchange Markets; Capital Markets (Stock Markets, Bond Markets); Commodity Markets; Money Markets; Market Instruments; Derivatives Markets (Futures Markets (Option Market), Real Estate Markets, Spot Market, Mutual Funds); Financial Intermediaries; Market Microstructure; Market Efficiency
- Financial Technology and Innovation
- Financial Technology (Fintech) (Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Digital Currencies, Alternative Assets, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing and Analytics)
- Financial Innovation (Mobile Banking (Online Banking), Foreign Remittance, Automatic Savings Plan, Internet and Mobile Finance)
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship; Venture capital; Private equity; Small business; Crowdfunding; Entrepreneurial venture; Financial plan; Financial bootstrapping; External financing; Business angels; Financial contracting; Entrepreneurship theory and practice; Entrepreneurship and technological innovation; Public policy; Entrepreneurship management and strategy
- Tourism: Economics, Finance and Management
- Tourism economics and policy; Tourism marketing; Tourism impacts, planning, and management; Tourism, technology, and competitive strategies; Tourism industry (development, current trends, crisis management, challenges facing, sectors, structure); Regulation of the international, national and regional tourism industry; Tourism market structures and competition; Tourism development and economic growth; Sustainable tourism consumption and production and degrowth; Tourism, risk management and insurance; Financial, economic and management dimensions of tourism and global environmental change; Disasters and their assessment and implications for tourism; Ecological and green economics and tourism; Sanctions, boycotts and the implications of political consumerism for tourism; Macromarketing and tourism
- Energy and Environment: Economics, Finance and Policy
- Energy and environmental modeling; Energy finance; Energy economics; Energy resources; Energy and geopolitics (energy supply security, strategic petroleum reserves and oil prices, and discretionary income effect of oil price shocks); Environment and climate change
- Applied Economics and Finance
- Agricultural Economics; Business Economics; Demographic Economics; Development Economics; Economic Systems; Education Economics; Industrial Organization; International Economics, Finance & Trade; Labour Economics; Macroeconomics & Microeconomics; Oil & Energy Economics; Political Economics; Public Economics; Urban, Rural & Regional Economics
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
JRFM is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in JRFM will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.